Sunday, June 6, 2010

Sunday - 5.4 miles

My original plan was to run 14 miles today. However, many things led to a much shorter distance. The only thing I drank all day yesterday was beer and margaritas then finished off the day with a sausage sandwich. I figured this can't be a great diet the day before a 14 mile run. On top of that I was exhausted last night after the race. I didn't get to bed until nearly midnight so I decided to sleep in. I got out of bed around 9:45 and was running by 10:15. Once I got running in the heat I knew it wasn't going to be a good day.

My main goal after deciding to skip the long run was to just log in some miles. I'm sure that between yesterday's 7 miles and today's 5 I will be fine. I still have 17 weeks of training so there's no need to worry. I ran at a comfortable 7:30 pace and felt good.

No comments:

Post a Comment