Monday, June 21, 2010

Thursday 6/10 - 9.25 miles

This was supposed to be a 10 mile run but I didn't have a computer to map it out at the time. It was my first run back at sea level and I had no idea what to expect. I've read plenty of articles about high altitude training but never had a chance to experience it until this run. My plan was to pace myself based on my rate of breathing. I ran completely based on how my body felt and it turns out my body felt great at sea level. Normally I'd run 9 miles on fairly flat terrain around a 7:45 pace. I ended up running at a 7 minute pace on a very hilly run! The entire run felt great and the best part was that my breathing and heart rate never seemed to affect me. If anything my legs weren't used to running at that pace for that distance.

About 30 minutes after coming back from the run I took a 22 mile bike ride. Again it felt incredibly easy. I biked on another road with large rolling hills and had no problems the entire time. I think running the marathon at sea level is going to turn out to be a good decision.

No comments:

Post a Comment